1st Vice President NPNEN
Blessing Irabor is the President & CEO of Blissomo International Ltd., based in Benin-City, Edo State, Nigeria. BIL provides services in agriculture, tourism, business development, consulting and fashion.
Ms. Irabor is an accomplished entrepreneur, an advocate on issues that affect women. She is highly respected in the business community for her leadership skills, intellect and creativity. Her personal accolades and professional achievements are extensive. She has acquired a diverse body of knowledge, which covers most aspects of life. She serves as the President of Organization of Women in International Trade (OWIT) . She is also the Co- Project Leader for Agricultural and Business Linkages for Economic development (ABLE) in the Niger-Delta (a project set-up to help build capacity of farmers and micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) in order to create access to funding and opportunities at the local and international markets). She is also the President of Blissomo Foundation which is focused on driving economic growth and sustainable intervention through agricultural value chain and fashion especially for women and youths. She is actively involved, in different advocacy initiatives like ‘Make Agricultural Policy Work’ and ‘Street Children Equality Rights’ in Edo state, Nigeria. She participates actively albeit in leadership positions, in numerous professional organizations and government agencies in different capacities, these are:
- Founder and Chairman Board of Trustee , Organization of Women in International Trade (OWIT) Nigeria.
- Co Chairperson, Organization of Women in International Trade (OWIT) Africa.
- Chairperson Trade & Investment, Association of Nigerian Business Women Network (ANWBN).
- Assistant National Secretary, Association of Nigerian Business Women Network (ANWBN).
- Member Executive Council, Network of Practicing Non-Oil Exporters of Nigeria, NPNEN.
- Former Deputy coordinator, NACCIMA Business Women Group (NAWORG), Edo State chapter.
- Former Coordinator, NACCIMA Youth Entrepreneur, Edo State.
- Chairperson Agriculture and Agro-Allied Committee, Benin Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (BENCCIMA).
- Former Vice President, Edo International Business Forum (the Forum’s women wing).
- Special Adviser on non-governmental organizations, associations and co-operatives to the President of the South-South Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture.
- Member, Niger-Delta Women in Agriculture.
- Executive Member Fadama agricultural program, Edo State chapter.
- Chairperson Fashion and Apparel, African Women Entrepreneurship Program (AWEP) South-South.
- Former Welfare Officer, Partners for Peace in the Niger-Delta, Edo State Chapter.
- Member, Institute of Strategic Management.
- Former Public Relations Officer, Benin Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture She has also served on the following government committees:
- Edo State Export Promotion Committee on Non-Oil Export (2015).
- Edo Women’s Farmers Market Committee (Office of The Governor’s Wife), (2018).
A former “Nollywood” actress and film producer, she is a script writer, costume designer, fashion analyst and wardrobe make-over consultant. She is the co-founder of USI modeling agency in Lagos State, and she co-founded Jet Productions, an academy for training young artists (actors and actresses) in Nigeria. She also operates a mentorship program for youths and women in “Agripreneurship” in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Agriculture in Edo State. Her passion for Agriculture and farming inspired her to develop agricultural programs which facilitate the promotion and marketing of agro-products (processed and raw) to local and international buyers. She holds a National Diploma (ND) in Business Administration from the University of Port Harcourt-Nigeria. Numerous Certificate of Achievement from International Trade Center (ITC ACADEMY). She was given an Ambassadorial award by Edo International Business Forum (EIBF) for supporting Trade, also she was recognized by Smile Africa for her supportive role in skill acquisition development and empowerment of youths.
Recently featured alongside Twelve other women Entrepreneurs across the globe in a book titled Women Going Global.